“The Compound Effect is the principle of reaping huge rewards from a series of small, smart choices. What’s most interesting about this process to me is that, even though the results are massive, the steps, in the moment, don’t feel significant. Whether you’re using this strategy for improving your health, relationships, finances, or anything else for that matter, the changes are so subtle, they’re almost imperceptible. These small changes offer little or no immediate result, no big win, no obvious I-told-you-so payoff. So why bother?”Darren Hardy
Resist the urge to see immediate results and receive short-term payoffs. Instead, construct a daily habit of constant improvements to generate the compound effect in your life and produce incredible results.
3 Ways to Stay on the Compound Curve
1. Choice Awareness:
“Our choices can be our best friend or our worst enemy. They can deliver us to our goals or send us orbiting into a galaxy far, far away. In essence, you make your choices, and then your choices make you. Every decision, no matter how slight, alters the trajectory of your life.”Darren Hardy
Most of us are sleepwalking through our daily choices. We make choices that align with the demands of others without realizing those choices don’t align with our ultimate goal.
“The first step toward change is awareness. If you want to get from where you are to where you want to be, you have to start by becoming aware of the choices that lead you away from your desired destination. Become very conscious of every choice you make today so you can begin to make smarter choices moving forward.” – Darren Hardy
Be conscious of your choices by keeping a pad of paper and pen nearby to write down every choice you make in a particular area of life that you want to improve.
- At the end of the day, look at the list and ask yourself: Are these choices consistent with my core values? Are they in alignment with who I want to become?
- Cross out any choice that didn’t move you closer to where you ultimately want to be. Over time, you’ll gain awareness of your moment-to-moment choices and consistently make choices that move you towards your ultimate goal.
2. Why Power:
Most of use wouldn’t walk a plank between two high rise buildings for $20 dollars. But Darren says: “If your child was on the opposite building, and that building was on fire, would you walk the length of the plank to save him? Without question and immediately—you’d do it, twenty dollars or not.”Darren Hardy
Your ‘WHY Power’ is the internal drive you need to get started and take massive action. Your WHY can take two forms: what you love and what you hate. Your why doesn’t have to be noble, it just has to move you.
- LOVE: I am doing this to provide a better future for ______.
- HATE: I am doing this to prove _____ wrong OR I am doing this to defeat _____.
“America had the British. Luke had Darth Vader. Rocky had Apollo Creed. Twenty-something’s have ‘The Man.’” – Darren Hardy
“The key to becoming world-class in your endeavors is to build your performance around world-class routines. It can be difficult, even futile, to predict or control what will show up in the middle of your workday. But you can almost always control how your day starts and ends. I have routines for both.”
The moments after we wake up and the moments before we go to bed are within our control – we must use these moments to direct our lives.
- Morning Routine: Review your vision/mission, set the top priority for the day, read something positive and instructional, and do
work to advance your most important project.
- Nighttime Routine: Reflect on the choices you’ve made throughout the day, be grateful for the wins you experienced, and get curious about how you can improve tomorrow by asking yourself: How could I have made today even better?
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Get the book here
Productivity Game Website : Productivity game
Enter your email to get access to Free Audiobooks, Financial workbooks and Book recommendations by billionares
Join 446,005 entrepreneurs who already have a head start. Get free tips, Step-by-step guides and resources delivered directly to your inbox.